I've been looking at a couple of RIA frameworks, namely Sproutcore and
Cappuccino.  The feel a bit too heavy for me.  Sproutcore does not
integrate well with Django.  Cappuccino uses Objective-J as the
language and I'm not convinced this is a good choice for our team.

The reason I'm posting is to ask the community if they have know of
anything that is at a higher level than jQuery + jQuery UI and a lower
level than Sproutcore/Cappuccino.  I'd like to find something that has
this kind of stuff in it:

- Client-side Javascript MVC implementation (Both Sproutcore and
Cappuccino have controllers and view)
- Easy layouts (I really like
http://cappuccino.org/learn/tutorials/automatic-layout/)
- Data bindings (Step 4 on
http://www.sproutcore.com/documentation/hello-world-tutorial-2-your-first-viewsadsteste/)

So something less heavy, less "Desktop" feel; more Web 2.0 (Gmail,
Digg, Delicious).  But more organization than a blank HTML and a
<script> tag that points to  jQuery or Dojo or MooTools.  (And yes, I
admit this is a bit of have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too).

Any links are appreciated.

Rob Madole