@Peter:  Thanks for the dissenting opinion, Peter.  (And thanks for
the vote, Cliff.)

Actually, Peter, I find your points the most convincing of all.  But
especially in light of the fact that I've just discovered web2py, it
seems to make more sense for me to focus on getting a good grasp of
Python, rather than diving to quickly into Django.  I'm probably going
to have to evaluate both of these Python frameworks simultaneously.