On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Bobby Roberts <tchend...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Karen -
>
> Thanks for your reply... The path in both my blog and inlines module
> was edited and i removed basic. from all the calls (since i wasn't
> using the primary basic/ directory with all of the standard apps.  The
> error was there even if when i was using basic/blog or basic/inlines
> structure as downloaded from the source.
>
> Mike -
>
> Thanks for your reply.  The path to the inlines.py file is as follows:
>
> /django_apps/live/inlines/templatetags/inlines.py

OK so if you remove basic from both the import and the directory path, then
you are left with an include, in that file above, that is:

from inlines.parser import inlines

?

Now the problem is you have two "inlines" modules
(/django_apps/live/inlines/ and
/django_apps/live/inlines/templatetags/inlines.py) and "from
inlines.whatever" is ending up looking in the wrong place (the inlines.py
file instead of the directory two levels up).  (This is likely why the basic
was included in the import in the first place.)

I'd recommend returning the apps to their originally-coded state and using
the structure they are assuming.  Otherwise I do not know how much
additional renaming you will need to do to to make things work properly.
For this problem here you will need to rename one of the inlines modules
(and update all imports that reference whichever one you decide to rename).

Karen