On Feb 16, 2:56 pm, Derek <gamesb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> (not a movie trivia problem!)
>
> The question I need to resolve here is "does Passenger 57 qualify for a
> discount"?
>
> Given the following models:
>
> class Alliance(models.Model):
>     name = models.CharField(max_length=100)
>     #e.g. Star, Western, Pacific, European
>     discount = models.FloatField()
>
> class Airline(models.Model):
>     name = models.CharField(max_length=100)
>     #e.g. AIA, Northwest, Cathay, KLM
>     membership = models.ManyToManyField(Alliance)
>
> class Flight(models.Model):
>     name = models.CharField(max_length=100)
>     operator = models.ForeignKey(Airline)
>
> class Passenger(models.Model):
>     name = models.CharField(max_length=100)
>     flight = models.ForeignKey(Flight)
>     memberships = models.ManyToManyField(Alliance)

Ain't that "memberships" relationship redundant with passenger->flight-
>operator->memberships ?

> So, if Passenger 57 books a flight with, say, AIA, which is a member of the
> Star and Western alliances, how can I tell if this qualifies for a
> discount?

How could we know ? There's zero documentation about your models
fields, and zero documention about the business rules - specially the
ones one relating to "discount" and "qualification". Or are we
supposed to use a crystal ball ?