On Feb 17, 11:20 am, bruno desthuilliers
<bruno.desthuilli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 17, 10:12 am, Emily Rodgers <emily.kate.rodg...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:> On Feb 16, 4:50 pm, bruno desthuilliers
> > > I'm afraid I don't really get what difference it would make. Note that
> > > my question was genuine - I know zilch about the problem domain, I
> > > don't have the fisrt clue about what an "Alliance" might be, so I
> > > don't know if that relationship is redundant or if it's totally
> > > distinct from what you'd get thru the passenger/flight/operator/
> > > memberships link.
>
> > My assumptions
> (snip)
> > If this is Derek's meaning then
> (snip)
> >  Also, and
> > airline may be
>
> (snip)
>
> Sorry but that's WAY too much assumptions for me. I don't do wild-
> guess programming, it's just a waste of everyone's time.

As I said, we aren't doing his coding for him, more giving examples of
ways to query this kind of thing. Sometimes (particularly if you are a
newbie) it is difficult to explain all of your requirements for a
problem in a concise way to a news group in order to satisfy people
who don't do 'wild-guess programming', and have to simplify things a
lot as it is because you may not want to share your code with the
world. Often in order to give a helpful reply to these types of
questions (rather than a dismissive response) you have to make some
assumptions. Presumably the OP will be able to tell if these
assumptions are reasonable, and if not, this discussion may help to
improve his design.