On 17 fév, 17:29, Emily Rodgers <emily.kate.rodg...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> As I said, we aren't doing his coding for him,

And as I said, this is _not_ the problem. I don't mind providing
working code as an answer, and did it on quite a few occasions during
the past 10 years or so, on various newsgroups and mailing lists. But
crystal-ball coding is just a waste of everyone's time - 8 times out
10 (at least), the answer is just plain wrong, the OP wastes time
trying to use it, then comes back complaining it "doesn't work", etc,
etc... Been here, done that, bought the T-shirt, ok ?-)

And yes, it's the OP's duty to provide at least the minimum context if
he hopes to get useful help. So asking the OP to provide this context
is not "dismissive", it's the required condition for us to have a
chance to effectively help.

(snip remaining - and somewhat patronizing - comment).