On Feb 16, 3:39 pm, bruno desthuilliers
<bruno.desthuilli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 16, 2:56 pm, Derek <gamesb...@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Ain't that "memberships" relationship redundant with passenger->flight-
>
> >operator->memberships ?

I reckon he probably wants to do is split passenger up:

class Passenger(models.Model):
    customer = models.ForeignKey(User)
    flight = models.ForeignKey(Flight)

and have memberships as an attribute of the user. Then you would want
to pass the flight number to the function that determines the
discount.

> > So, if Passenger 57 books a flight with, say, AIA, which is a member of the
> > Star and Western alliances, how can I tell if this qualifies for a
> > discount?
>
> How could we know ? There's zero documentation about your models
> fields, and zero documention about the business rules - specially the
> ones one relating to "discount" and "qualification". Or are we
> supposed to use a crystal ball ?

You do have a point, but I think he is wanting a vague idea of how to
go about it rather than for us to write his code for him. Or maybe get
a discussion going about the pros and cons of different ways of
querying.