On May 9, 2014, at 2:42 PM, Michael Adkins via dmarc-discuss
<dmarc-discuss@dmarc.org> wrote:

> On 5/9/14, 2:20 PM, "J. Gomez" <jgo...@seryrich.com> wrote:
>
>> It is clear YAHOO and AOL have watered down the value, meaning and
>> trustworthiness of "p=reject"
>
> Yes, I understand that that is your opinion.  I have yet to see any
> evidence of actual system changes to support it.  I haven¹t had to make
> any changes to mine, but I recognize that a system on a scale of millions
> of active users doesn¹t have the same challenges as one with hundreds of
> millions of active users.  I am asking for the people who actually run
> those systems to share what they have actually done, not for people who
> don¹t to speculate about it.

Dear Michael,

For more than 15 years we have been running servers supporting email handling
for hundreds of millions of users.  We are seeing DMARC recommendations being
ignored and causing email to go missing or ending up in a spam folder likely
due to message scoring muck. This is not just related to Yahoo and AOL either.
Don't try to make too much out of large number fluctuations and then guessing
what that means either.  Wait for the bad news to become headlines, or do
something now before that happens.  It would be a nice change to see someone
taking ownership of the problem and offering a strategy to mitigate the
disruptions caused.  News flash, this is not something that mailing-lists or
others are able to remedy.  Especially when there remains a desire to know "Who
sent what".

Regards,
Douglas Otis