On May 30, 2014, at 2:37 PM, Michael Adkins <madk...@fb.com> wrote:

>> For more than 15 years we have been running servers supporting email
>> handling for hundreds of millions of users.  We are seeing DMARC
>> recommendations being ignored and causing email to go missing or ending
>> up in a spam folder likely due to message scoring muck.
>
> Who is Œwe¹?  Who, precisely, are you claiming to speak for?  What
> specific changes have you made to your systems?

Dear Michael,

This was a response to what seemed like an elitist statement about who should
contribute.

If you must know, although this should not matter, I work closely with Dave
Rand who, together with Paul Vixie, established the first free email reputation
service.  It was  called MAPS for Mail Abuse Prevention System. It changed to
Kelkea as a new legal entity then acquired by Trendmicro.

At Trend, my low level code helped automate a collection process following
failed efforts of three teams.  I got stuck with this by saying at a meeting it
should not be a problem to process that amount of data.  My background is
designing disk and tape storage systems which entailed fabricating chips,
developing firmware, and developing servos for tape, disk, and optical.  Later
I also developed a network bandwidth control system for a metropolitan wireless
network and T3 distribution points. The patent was sold after I left the
startup and became a basis for 3com cable products.

As was said, the comment was about changes in behavior being seen. Does that
help?

Regards,
Douglas Otis