> On Oct 27, 2017, at 3:20 PM, Brandon Long <bl...@google.com> wrote:
>
> Isn't .us usually considered a 3 level tld, like .uk and .au?  And DMARC says
> to ignore tlds.

Neustar decided second level domains were more valuable 15 years ago or so, and
it's mostly sold as a generic two level TLD now.

Given the history there are still a lot of three and four level hostnames in
there (states, .fed.us, .nsn.us, ...), and the weird
{ci,co,city,...}.<locality>.<state>.us stuff so it's probably one of the more
complex bits of organizational domain identification code.

Cheers,
  Steve