On Jun 10, 2014, at 2:47 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy <superu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 11:52 PM, Franck Martin <fra...@peachymango.org> wrote:
> This is interesting, however it seems to me that DMARC should be more aware
> of it if used.
>
> Why?  This is a way of satisfying the alignment requirement on the DKIM side.
>  DMARC doesn't need to know it's there.  The same is true of ATPS, for
> example.
>
> I would suggest to sign with a sub domain. This would keep alignement, but
> would allow you to see which DKIM signature worked. Once both DKIM signature
> work, you would not need the delegated one.
>
> What would make both start working again?  The problem we're trying to solve
> here is that the originator signature is broken by the list, and that's a
> (theoretically) immutable condition.
>
> I think DMARC should be made aware, so that it apply some constraints on when
> this signature is used/valid. May be only when there is a List-ID or
> List-Post header present, and the list has DKIM signed the whole message with
> its domain.
>
> Anyone can add a List-ID or List-Post header field, so I don't think that
> adds any additional security.
>
> It would require MLM to not drop DKIM headers... Still some configuration on
> MLM side, but less in the way messages are modified
>
> That's a much less visible and thus probably more tolerable change for MLM
> operators.

Dear Murray,

It would be helpful to reference TPA-Label instead of ATPS.  ATPS can never be
deployed.  While List-ID will not in itself confirm the message source, when
used as condition for authorization will help ensure recipients can use this
header to sort messages.  I am about to update this draft to help clarify why
the TPA-Label approach is still better than several of the other quick fixes
being suggested.

Regards,
Douglas Otis