Pete Resnick writes:

 > While I agree in principle, this is a distinction that is likely to
 > be lost on people outside of the WG. "DMARC improvements" in the
 > charter was meant to encompass possible changes to the DMARC spec,
 > deletions from the DMARC spec, and additions to the DMARC spec

My feeling is that the DMARC consortium would appreciate a change of
wording like the one I proposed, and I'm all for keeping them happy
and in the club.  If the distinction doesn't matter to others, why
not?

 > (e.g., extra header fields in the message meant to indicate to
 > implementations to do something different than the current DMARC
 > spec says to do).

Again, I don't think that wording is calculated to instill joy at
Yahoo!.  I think they'd be a lot more comfortable if it were in a
separate spec.  It would be better if they'd speak for themselves, but
AFAIK there are no Yahoo! or AOL reps hanging out here now.