On Sep 9, 2014, at 1:39 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull <step...@xemacs.org> wrote:

> Kelley, John writes:
>
>> 1. Auto Forwards, principally where the email is munged in some way
>> causing DKIM to fail.
>> 2. Mailing lists; although the big ones seem to be rewriting the From
>> (thanks).
>
>> From what I've seen on Mailman Project lists[1], your users may not feel
> the same way, though.  There have been complaints to list owners that
> they're getting singled out (a popular Mailman feature, for example,
> checks DMARC policy and munges From or wraps the message only if it's
> p=reject).

Some of the changes that have been made to mailing lists to work
around DMARC have made them significantly less useful.

It unavoidably breaks the ability to search for emails or filter inbound
mail by author email address.

It also makes it hard / impossible to reply to the
author, or see what domain the author is associated with - though
that may be because the changes made by the mailing list operators
aren't as well done as they could be rather than something
unavoidable.

Cheers,
  Steve