On 09/22/2014 02:15 PM, John Levine wrote:
mail readers. The existing use of X-Original-From is an existence proof
of [perceived] utility, despite the absence of widespread (any?) MUA
display of this data.
Who uses X-Original-From ?  This is a real question, I'm not aware of
anyone who does.

In my experience, the utility of X-Original-From has been for humans diagnosing mistakes in the mail router's rewriting rules. Since this was implemented independently by many vendors, the contents and semantics of the field have varied considerably, ranging from the original 821.MailFrom, to the original 822.From, to the sending user's login credentials.

Don't get me started on the X- prefix.

<csg>