> On Oct 17, 2014, at 2:09 PM, Ned Freed <ned.fr...@mrochek.com> wrote:
>
> So let me see if I understand you correctly. You were surprised that I posted
> a query (not an assertion) about something being in scope in my capacity
> as a WG participant rather than as chair. And you are concerned that
> there be effective scope management.

Correct.

> But at the same time you're concerned that we not tighten the scope so much as
> to exclude implmentation guidance that you view as an important tool in
> addressing DMARC issues.

Correct, and I believe that is consistent with my concern that there be
effective scope management.

> If that's correct, then I confess I completely fail to understand your
> concern/point here.

That is probably because the topic at hand was SPF.  To clarify, I was not
trying to weigh-in on SPF at all.  I was raising an orthogonal issue, motivated
by how the SPF topic was being discussed vis-a-vis scope and charter, but
entirely unrelated to SPF.

> The reason I posted as a participant and not as chair was
> precisely because I *didn't* want to make an ex cathedra statement about the
> appropriateness of discussing this SPF issue.

I appreciate your approach.  I was seeking clarity.  I was not trying to
insinuate that you should not have commented as a participant.  I just wanted
to be sure I understood who was helping us manage scope effectively and you
clarified that.  It’s all good.  Just chalk this up to me being new to this WG.