I'm already lost of whats going on. It seems we are waiting of Murray. Its all Murray. Geez, Its all really Murray's framework to all this. Not a negative, but there has to be more. There is more. There has always been more, that is why we are lost here after 9 years.

We need policy and we are wasting so much time not establishing how DMARC has brought back the importance of a DKIM Policy Framework back into the picture as it always was the case but became unfocused with a 3rd party trust framework, which btw breaks down when no signature is valid, i.e. no valid SDID (Signer Identity) The 1st party author party provides the best pure anchoring information on whats to be expected .

If we wish to include 1st party authorization for a list path and/or SPF path, it all needs to be discussed. We always know that DMARC always fails on a SPF failure as well.

   DMARC =  DKIM + SPF

So any failure on DKIM or SPF is part of a DKIM failure. If that is not TRUE, then it needs to be part of the discussion. A SPF failure fails DMARC despite how verifiable the DKIM layer is.

--
HLS