----- Original Message -----

I had a few issues with a large sender, which had their TXT record overloaded
(not uncommon, this is where google analytics and other wants to prove who you
are). Combined with a low TTL, it would happen rarely, but frequently enough
that an SPF could not be assessed and DMARC would fail. The fallback mechanism
in bind is slow when you have edns issues.

1) I wished that SPF record location would have been _spf.<domain name>
2) may be here the recommendation, is that with DMARC it is best to tempfail an
email if you can’t get an SPF result due to DNS (same with DKIM), rather than
carry on and pass the result to higher policy layers.