Franck Martin writes:

 > 2) Mailing lists should be able to differentiate between an Hard
 >    bounce and a Soft bounce (by now).
 >
 > http://www.iana.org/assignments/smtp-enhanced-status-codes/smtp-enhanced-status-codes.xhtml
 >    is 7 years old now.

They can, but the problem that caused collateral damage to subscribers
is hard bounces, and "p=reject" is a hard bounce.  Perhaps you mean
discriminating between "technical hard bounces" and "policy hard
bounces", but even there (a) I don't understand why you think there's
a difference in the way the ML should treat them, and (b) many
receiving sites deliberately conceal policy bounces, and especially
the reason for them.