On 4/16/15 2:26 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> I don't think market share in the abstract is useful for
> this discussion. Per my utility analysis, the question is
> not percent of market (however that is defined), but
> breadth of market scope being sufficient to enable
> interoperability when it's needed. I would still
> appreciate solution independent discussion of how to do
> the utility analysis or I fear we'll continue to just
> argue past each other.
Dear Scott,

DMARC is leveraging a public-suffix list to reduce
overhead.  This approach will cause problems if it leaves a
gap between the domains provided by a registrar and those
listed as part of the public suffix.  With the massive
amounts of DMARC feedback being generated, perhaps there
should be a way to consolidate these domains into some type
of list.  Of course, I'll suggest a hashed label approach.
Can anyone envision some type of community or specialized
effort at consolidating this category of the domain space?

Regards,
Douglas Otis