>> There is a proposed standard, ARC, that would allow mail receivers to
>> do more intelligent whitelisting.  It's not ready yet.

> There is a third option --- which is that if you want to participate on
> certain
> mailing lists, you have to use a non-DMARC e-mail address. There are people
> with google.com addresses that need to use non-Google addresses in order to
> participate on the Linux Kernel Mailing List.

I've seen comments that people who were on Yahoo can fortunately go to Gmail.
What happens when Gmail publishes a p=reject like they said they were going to
(even if the timeline is delayed), per
https://wordtothewise.com/2015/10/dmarc-news-gmail-preject-and-arc/?

Perhaps people can go to Outlook.com? What happens if they go to DMARC
p=reject? Everyone can go an sign up for yet another domain?

That just kicks the can down the road, but eventually that can will take no
more kicks.