In article <5fca5469-8673-9555-8e47-e2251632f...@tnetconsulting.net> you write:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>On 10/13/2017 10:54 AM, John Levine wrote:
>> SRS is one of those magic bullets that might have worked if everyone
>> in the world implemented it at the same time, and the design were
>> written by someone who understood the security issues.
>
>Would you please elaborate on (or point me to existing documentation) on
>the security issues that you're referring to?

See the paragraph about forged domains and whitelists in the original message.

>> So if you have to be prepared to ignore overenthusiastic SPF
>> -all anyway, who needs SRS?
>
>Maybe it's just me, but I've never felt the desire to ignore
>overenthusiastic SPF.

It's just you.  I talk to people who run large mail systems, and
without exception they tell me that they do not reject on spf -all
other perhaps a plain -all which means someone sends no mail at all..
The false positive rate would just be too high.

>I feel that if a sending domain sets "-all" they (hypothetically) know
>what they are doing ...

Wow, you're the optimist.

R's,
John