In article <CAL0qLwa-D+xkRuvMpWZ5UQ71m3i09hp5+bO9nrX21f=x0hj...@mail.gmail.com>
you write:
>"Experimental" is perfectly fine.  As I understand it, EAI did that first
>and went to the standards track after it had some field use.

That is true, but it's also true that the standards track version of
EAI is fairly different from the experimental version, mostly by
leaving out a feature that didn't work in the field (downgrading.)

ARC is complex enough that I think it's likely that once we have
experience with ARC 1.0, we'll find that the stanards track ARC 2.0 is
somewhat different.  Perhaps we should think about how to prepare
for that, e.g., the dread version number field.

R's,
John