On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 1:24 PM Dave Crocker <dcroc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps if the effort were viewed as a staged sequence, over an extended
> time.  Staging along the lines of:
>
> Document a modest number of highly common 'patterns' of mailing list patterns.
> * Get reasonable community support (rough consensus) for the document --
> including from MLM developers and operators
> * Formulate survivable authentication choices
> * Get reasonable community support for that approach

I'm curious enough (and have been since the discussions that led to
draft-kucherawy-dkim-transform-00 five years ago) to give this effort
some energy orthogonal to what this working group is doing, and with
minimum distraction.

Apart from Mailman, what would be a reasonable set of MLMs to
approach?  I don't need a universal set here, just enough to get us to
at least what we are pretty sure would be 80% or better of the active
modern use cases.

Armed with such a list and a plan, I can see what the IRTF Chair
thinks of the idea.

-MSK