There are some basic principles that need to be considered:.

DMARC did not break mailing list privileges, unwanted mail did.

A fully legitimate message has these characteristics:
Intended by the originatorAcceptable to the policies of the domain owner, which
are partially implemented in its outbound mail filterDesired by the
recipientAcceptable to the recipient domain owner, as partially implemented in
its inbound mail filter.
One example of a message that is not acceptable to the originator is a message
spoofed by an authorized server.   This is one of the problems addressed by
DMARC.

More specifically, what characteristics make a message acceptable to the
recipient:
A recognized / trusted senderA message which looks like previous-good messagesA
message with no identifiable risk factors.
To elaborate, incoming mail filters separate mail into three buckets:
Probably unwantedUnknown and hopefully harmlessDefinitely wanted

The administrators of the incoming mail filter will be continually seeking to
move traffic from bucket 2 to bucket 1 or bucket 3, so a strategy based on
bucket 2 is not guaranteed to work indefinitely.

>From the viewpoint of the inbound mail filter, forwarded mail is
>indistinguishable from spoofed mail using an open relay.   In a world where
>all mail was wanted mail, mailing lists could do what they want.  But we are
>not on Arpanet anymore, and unwanted mail is a huge problem.

If a mailing list is violating DMARC, it is likely to be put in bucket 1.
Once one message ends up in bucket 1, all messages from that source are likely
to be blocked as well.

For a sender to be promoted from bucket 1 to bucket 2, messages need to
distinguish themselves from untrusted email.   Preserving DKIM signatures is
one way of doing so.  Header munging is another way of doing so.

To move into bucket 3, the forwarder needs to obtain a sponsor to negotiate
with the recipient organization's email security team..

For two messages from the same forwarder to land in the same bucket, both
messages must have similar qualifying characteristics.

An Example

Consider the risk profile of a request to auto-forward from UserA@DomainA to
UserB@DomainB

This request could reflect a range of behaviors from low risk to high risk.
UserB actually wants the forward to occur.UserB is the accidental victim of a
typing error.UserA is going to be used as a proxy to attack UserB.Forwarding to
UserB is contrary to DomainA policy because it is likely to permit violation of
DomainA's regulatory obligations under GDPR, PCI DSS, HIPPA, Sarbanes-Oxley or
something else.Forwarding to UserB is in conflict with DomainB policy for
whatever reason.UserA is an inside attacker seeking to exfiltrate data to an
external accomplice.
So both DomainA and DomainB administration have reasons to be involved in this
request.   Even for legitimate requests, DomainA does not want to forward
traffic to DomainB if it is unwanted, since unwanted mail may impact the
reputation of DomainA, and likely cause unwanted blacklisting of other messages.

Therefore, the wisest procedure is as follows:
DomainA detects the forward request and begins an approval workflow.DomainA
reviews the request to see if they are willing to grant internal
approval.Postmaster@DiomainA contacts UsersB@DomainB asking them to submit the
request to their email security team for approval.Administrators for DomainA
and DomainB communicate to discuss the administrative controls at DomainA as
well as the fingerprint characteristics of the incoming mail.Upon approval,
DomainB administration gives DomainA administration permission to proceed.
DomainA activates the forwarding and notifies the user.DomainA monitors the
outbound mailstream for deliverability and terminates the forwarding if
repeated failures occur, or upon request from DomainB administration or
UserB@DomainB.
I suspect most mailing systems would need a lot of new code to implement a
workflow like this, but my perspective is limited and may be wrong.

The mailing list scenario is not much different, except that the request
process begins when UserB@DomainB attempts to subscribe to the mailing list,
and the approval process involves both the handling of messages coming from the
list as well as messages going to the list.

The process may be limited by the features of the DomainB email filter.
Without header munging, fingerprinting the mailing list will require combining
the list headers with forward confirmed host names, or something along those
lines.    Low-end email filters may be unable to filter on list name, or filter
on multiple attributes together.

Getting prior approval will be a lot of work, and i wonder how many lists will
be willing to try.     In the absence of prior approval, I see no solution
better than header munging.   Header munging is an inferior solution because
neither sender policies nor receiver policies are evaluated or respected, but
it is the path of least resistance.