On Tue 28/Jul/2020 19:19:50 +0200 Doug Foster wrote:
> Hector, I do not understand this comment:
>
>> "The DKIM Policy Model since ADSP lacked the ability to authorize 3rd party
>> domains. DMARC did not address the problem and reason ADSP was abandoned.
>> Hence the on-going dilemma."
>
> Domains that participate with a mailing list have the option of including the
> ML servers in their SPF record, or delegating them a DKIM scope and key.
> But to obtain that authorization from the sending domain, someone would have
> to ask for it, and might not receive the desired answer.

It is difficult, even for smallish domains, to get a complete list of MLMs
which legitimately distribute messages From: their users.

> The goal of this discussion is to find a way to coerce trust.   We do not
> lack ways to grant trust on request.

Right, a possible approach is to outsource trust.  If you lookup my SPF
record[*] you can see an example.

Best

[*] "v=spf1 +ip4:62.94.243.226 ?exists:%{ir}.list.dnswl.org -all"