On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 5:13 AM Dave Crocker <d...@dcrocker.net> wrote:

> On 8/12/2020 4:45 AM, Neil Anuskiewicz wrote:
> > Mr. Crocker, is there a document that describes some of these proposals
> > and perhaps the best arguments for an against somewhere? The firehose of
> > learning would a bit easier if there were a FAQ. I think it might even
> > help the participants if this was all documented. Yes, I know there's
> > the archived but I mean an organized and linear doc.
>

> If you have particular questions, ask them.

I've just recently started lurking but I think this is a discussion about
semantics. What to call a proposed RFC5322.Sender field.

The problem being addressed is the munging of headers by mailing lists and
other forwarders, breaking things like DKIM.

I've not been lurking long enough to grok what's going on but I'll continue
to lurk and learn, eventually finding a small way to contribute to this
effort even if it's just to sweep out the IETF Ashram. :-)