On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 12:52 PM John Levine <jo...@taugh.com> wrote:

> Personally, I have no interest in defining this stuff but in practice,
> there are a lot of places where people are instructed to "implement
> DMARC", and it would be nice to encourage them to do more than publish
> a lame SPF record and p=reject.
>
> R's,
> John

I guess I was under the misimpression that IETF is a technical standards
body, not a marketing organization. Perhaps the working group could come up
with a cute logo and charge people for using it to show their compliance.
Is there another IETF standard that has levels of compliance as a marketing
tool? If organizations or governments instruct people "to implement" DMARC,
I would suggest that the onus is on them to provide better guidance as to
what  they require.

Michael Hammer