On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 8:47 PM Seth Blank <seth=
40valimail....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:

> At a minimum, per Dave's comments here:
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dmarc/XXE3r5FUozl6LVohv8rTkn5QG4E/
> I still believe there's some clear consistent language that needs to be
> agreed upon to drive the appropriate specificity in the document.

+1 about clarifying the terminology and I'd second Steve Jones's point
about defining the terms in the RFC for consistent usage throughout both
the RFC and any usage-related BCPs.

Functionally, I think that we need to break down the actions of a receiver
(whether ultimate or intermediary) a bit more clearly:

   - "validate" = go through the process of determining a DMARC pass
   verdict (or not)
   - "enforce" = take some sort of action on the basis of DMARC results +
   policy (published + local)
   - "report" = send RUA (and possibly RUF) reports

--Kurt