On 11/5/2020 8:46 AM, Todd Herr wrote:
Moving discussion of policy to a second specification would render any base specification to be no more than effectively a table of contents pointing to other documents, which seems to me to be a pointless document to produce.

Separation has to have a compelling reason, mostly involving differences in anticipated revision patterns, or fundamental differences in the nature of their specifications. That is, they should be separate because, in practical terms, they have to be, either now or later. NOT making them separate will either now or later pose significant problems.

The rationale for the the current, proposed separations should be posted in a message with a specifically-titled Subject: line and solid explanations for the choices.

d/

ps. I think separating can be essential for some specifications. The challenge is how and why; the answers need to be compelling. A beginning point of consideration can be:

     Tussle in cyberspace: defining tomorrow's internet
     https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/633025.633059

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking