On Sun 03/Jan/2021 17:09:22 +0100 John R Levine wrote:
On Sun, 3 Jan 2021, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
I don't think so.  There is a very practical outcome.  We should expand Section 9.5, "Interoperability Issues" and say something actually workable.

With some trepidation I ask, like what?

I'd add the whole "Sending side workarounds", mostly as-is, but edited as
needed.

If it's anything like telling mailing lists how to rewrite From lines, the answer is no.  That's way out of scope.

Why?  I read:

    The working group will specify mechanisms for reducing or eliminating
    the DMARC's effects on indirect mail flows, including deployed
    behaviors of many different intermediaries, such as mailing list
    managers, automated mailbox forwarding services, and MTAs that
    perform enhanced message handling that results in message
    modification. Among the choices for addressing these issues are:

(which can hardly be considered fully completed with just ARC), and:

    The working group will document operational practices in terms of
    configuration, installation, monitoring, diagnosis and reporting. It
    will catalog currently prevailing guidelines as well as developing
    advice on practices that are not yet well-established but which are
    believed to be appropriate.

Isn't From: rewriting an operational practice? It is not so important to tell MLMs how to do, since they already seem to do a good job, as it is to tell ESPs, which, as you say, don't.

PS: 10.5

Eh?

10.5.  DMARC Report Format Registry?
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard?