In article <8f438ed3-88cb-58dd-6a12-630e4000e...@tana.it>,
Alessandro Vesely  <ves...@tana.it> wrote:
>> The entire problem with catering to the long tail is that it is holding
>> hostage
>> better email security. We should stop doing that. There is no right to
>> stasis
>> forevermore. If the scouts email breaks, they can get somebody to fix it.
>> They
>> will thank us in the long run when scammers can't phish using them as a prop.

I agree too. I'm pretty sure there are more small organizations using
provider e-mail addresses than little private mail servers sending
less than 1000 messages a day, so let's declare both of those out of
scope. Or maybe not.

>I agree.  Setting p=none makes DMARC non-actionable.  I, for one, keep p=none
>because of mailing lists.

I keep it because none of my domains are particular phish targets and
I would prefer to get my mail delivered, even the part of it that
DMARC can't describe.

R's,
John

PS: This really is off in the weeds, isn't it?