I don't know how ESPs and From Rewrite ended up in the same sentence.  ESPs
do not need From rewrite because they can do DKIM signing.    The
incentives are all against them using or allowing From rewrite.

Taking business from criminal clients does not include allowing one client
to impersonate another client or a non-client.   Such behavior would hurt
the revenue of the ESP.