Barry Leiba wrote on 2021-05-06 16:16:
> Chair weighing in, as chair:
>
> We're divided in the sense that there are some who want to add this
> information, but as I see it the rough consensus is not divided:
> - This is extra information that's being proposed... so, a new
> feature.  That requires rough consensus to add it.
> - Serious privacy issues have been raised with respect to adding that
> information.
> - No refutation of those privacy issues has been given, and no
> adequate mitigation has been proposed.  The suggestion of requiring a
> minimum level of aggregation is insufficient, as there's ample general
> evidence that privacy leaks survive aggregation.
> - We therefore do not have rough consensus to add this.

Allow me to ask for clarification.

- "receiving_domains" has been proposed in #23 as new metadata.
- "receiving_domains" is redundant to "envelope_to", which already
exists in RFC 7489 and is being used in practice by a small portion of
reporters.
- Privacy concerns have been raised, which apply to both elements.
- The proposed "receiving_domains" gets rejected.

What happens to the existing "envelope_to"?

Regards,
Matt