Threat risk: I totally agree the ORG begins with the first label that is not
considered to be a PSD, but at least I want to know if that decision is based
on contractual obligations from ICANN/IANA or only a business decision by an
entity with a very different legal status, compared to the other. And here a
DNS based solution would need to be able to transport that information. So, a
rectification that DMARC shall only consider the PUBLIC part of the PSL would
be enough and easier for most entities.

Complexity: I believe they all are in the same SCOPE as the requirement in all
cases is to derive the ORG Domain from any given Domain, because that is
essentially the boundary between them, if a PSD for it’s own want to enforce a
policy to all it’s ORGs then I would put that under OUT-OF-SCOPE of the DMARC
standard, as there are other way’s to enforce the existence of DNS records for
a Domain, especially in such a case, because it shall be part of the ORG domain
ownership contract, it’s a business decision for a PSD to have this, so let
them solve that on the business level. We should not try to solve issues that
are not really existing in the first place, or at least not by methods that are
introducing new problems.

Multiple Policies: I also support “multiple” policies, perhaps I’m stricter in
thinking 2 are enough. Because if the ORG is big, a part of that ORG can
publish the policy on the 5322.From Domain, and if there is no policy on that
level a receiver will check the ORGs policy. No “real” Tree-Walk needed, as the
PSL allows a fast method to determine the ORG-Doman and we end up in 2 requests.

It's hard for me right now to come up with a sensible reason why I would want
to have policies on every level in the DNS, especially below an ORG-domain, as
nobody outside of that ORG-domain knows what structure is behind these
sub-labels.

5322.From: test@a.b.c.d.example<mailto:test@a.b.c.d.example> -> first look for
_dmarc.a.b.c.d.example, if NXDOMAIN lookup _dmarc.d.example, if NXDOMAIN -> no
policy

I don’t understand why I should also look for _dmarc.b.c.d.example and
_dmarc.c.d.example, especially in the context of a very large ORG the
responsible entity at a.b.c.d.example is fine with his “local” policy and most
likely he has no control over b.c.d.example or higher up the tree, and for the
case that he have to send via test@d.example<mailto:test@d.example> then the
ORG decided already that they want to have control over every mail stream
anyway and therefore have a central entity to control this behavior as well.