On Thu 06/Jan/2022 12:32:17 +0100 Douglas Foster wrote:
The point of a specification like this is to understand each participant's best interest and channel that toward the common goal.  I perceive a false assumption that when a sender does not publish p=reject, then his messages cannot be blocked for failure to validate, and therefore DKIM signatures are unnecessary.

Or we could devise a protocol whereby a sender can supply customized policies
to different (kinds of) receivers.  For example, I might want to publish
p=reject for, say, ietf.org and some other receivers that I trust to verify
correctly.  Queries could be arranged similar to external reporting
authorization, exposing the receiver's FQDN:

; <<>> DiG 9.16.1-Ubuntu <<>> ietfa.amsl.com._dmarc.tana.it txt
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 65494
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;ietfa.amsl.com._dmarc.tana.it. IN      TXT

;; ANSWER SECTION:
_dmarc.tana.it.         86400   IN      TXT     "v=DMARC1; p=reject; "
"rua=mailto:dmarca...@tana.it; " "ruf=mailto:dmarcf...@tana.it;";

Hm... no fooling.

Best