On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 11:58 AM Douglas Foster <
dougfoster.emailstanda...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why should the protocol provide a carve-out for non-participating domains?

I would think that  "non-participating domains" would be self explanatory.
Non-participating is a choice not to participate, not a carve out. IETF
standards are about interoperability (2 or more parties that choose to
participate). IETF standards are not about one party forcing another party
to participate involuntarily or clubbing them into submission.

> Similarly, if the carve-out is really important, what are we to do about
> PSD policies, since they take away the carve-out.?   I suppose we could
> create a clause for PSD policies to say sp="NoCheck", but we have not yet
> done so, and I don't think that we should.

There is no "carve-out"
.
Michael Hammer