On Mon, 24 Jan 2022, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
This misses the point.  It would be a good idea for a multi-tenant domain to publish a PSD record to keep the tenants apart, just as it would be a good idea to send a PSL pull request to keep them from spoofing browser cookies, but I don't think it is a good idea to depend on that.  We know that at the TLD level, most TLDs won't ever publish a PSD.

If we fear that some TLDs won't qualify their role, then it is wrong to discourage setting psd=n for organizational domains. Setting role=org is even more expressive, because it provides for role=sub as well.

I think you're also missing the point -- most TLDs will never publish any DMARC record at all. In that case, how could it make any difference what tags they don't put in the records they don't publish?

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY