On Tue, 31 May 2022, David Bustos wrote:
Forwarding is pretty broken these days.  Even if you had perfect SPF, a lot of
your incoming
mail would fail DMARC because a lot of DMARC policies depend on SPF and SPF
can't deal with forwarded mail.

I'm talking about outgoing mail, not incoming mail.

Are you talking about mail you send, or mail sent to your bustos.name address that's forwarded to a mailbox somewhere else?

I'm not surprised.  The registry contract with ICANN forbids it.

Is the contract available for me to read?

It's the standard registry contract on the ICANN web site.

This special case was committed to by TLD regulators back in 2002 and it is a
problem for everyone with a third level .name domain.  That's probably not many
people, but the current situation is inconsistent so I am trying to figure out
if any increases in consistency are possible.

Yes, if no changes are possible then I may need to abandon da...@bustos.name .

Looks that way.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY