If we use a different term, we'll need to define it.  Fundamentally, I think
changing the name only adds a level of indirection (and thus complexity).

Current:

PSD (which is defined in the document) yes or no or use tree walk.

Proposed:

Role (needs a definition) PSD (defined), Org (defined as not a PSD), and
Subdomain (which isn't defined and is technically wrong - all three might be
subdomains).

Whether you directly use psd as the tag or not, the question is still is it a
PSD or not.  The suggested change doesn't do anything towards getting away from
PSD as a concept or a defined term.

I think that by hiding it in the definitions, it will be more confusing, not
less.

Scott K