>> So John has confirmed that it is his intent to hide any information about
>> private registries, because the
>> private registries create complexity for his algorithm which he does not
>> wish exposed.
>
> I submit that equating "this is not worth explaining as it's a corner case"
> to "we should hide this detail
> because I don't want anyone to know about it" is logically absurd as well as
> baldly antagonistic.

Agreed, and thanks, Murray.

Doug, I've called out others for similar things, and you get it here:
Please do not attribute bad intent to other participants, and please
do not put things in terms of accusations or in ways that seem only to
pour tar.

A response such as, "John, I strongly disagree: I think it's really
important to talk about at least some uncommon cases in order to make
the situation clear.  Discussing private registries in one of those
important cases, as they create complexities for the algorithm that
need to be shown," gives your technical opinion without being
insulting or inflammatory.

Barry