The description of the tree walk should be clear enough.

Yeah, /should/! The very fact that you yourself changed your mind about how it works, without going into the hassle of explaining your reasoning, ...

Um, what? Scott and I went through some rounds of debugging to be sure the tree walk handled some obscure edge cases in a reasonable way. It was all on this very mailing list with examples. I think what we have now is OK but if you find something in the tree walk that is unclear or gets an unreasonable result, let us know, preferably with a concrete example.

Having done that, I remind everyone for the umpteenth time that that the overwhelming majority of DMARC publishers and DMARC lookups will not see even one psd tag, much less more than one. While I could sort of see the use of an appendix describing the normal sorts of DMARC records that real mail operators are likely to publish and evaluate, I cannot see any benefit in wasting yet more time on arcane PSD edge cases.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY