On Mon 01/Aug/2022 19:28:53 +0200 John Levine wrote:
I didn't use zone cut /instead of/ organizational domain.  The paragraph I wrote was meant to introduce readers to the network topology onto which organizational domains are defined, so as to justify the algorithm.

But zone cuts are irrelevant to the tree walk and have nothing to do with the way we designed the algorithm.  The tree walk does exactly the same thing if there are no zone cuts, or there is one at each label.

The idea was to recall that this is a long known problem. DMARC attempts a new solution, but the concept is not so different from other attempts.

I see no benefit to anyone from adding language about them.

How about this:

    In general, it is not possible to determine the cut points
    in DNS where a change of management occurs.  However, DMARC
    users define DMARC records at their Organizational Domain,
    so it is possible to discover them based on that.
?

Best