On Fri 12/Aug/2022 08:46:45 +0200 Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 3:16 AM Alessandro Vesely <ves...@tana.it> wrote:

That's the /complicated/ de-munging strategy. The much simpler approach I described upthread would work 100% of cases for lists that add the Author: field. It is a little less secure, as you need to trust the mailing list signature.

If you trust the mailing list signature, doesn't that also mean you trust the list to behave "well"? If that's true, then why do you need Author?

I trust the list to not allow attacks featuring spoofed Author:. (Spoofed From: are possible but infrequent.) It is safer if Author: is set by the author's MSA.

I need Author: to replace munged From:.

Best