On Wed, Aug 17, 2022 at 5:02 PM John Levine <jo...@taugh.com> wrote:

> It appears that Murray S. Kucherawy  <superu...@gmail.com> said:
> >-=-=-=-=-=-
> >
> >Still no hat!
>
> I was under the impression that we all agreed that we're not going to
> change
> the failure reporting spec other than by providing better examples.
>
> ith that in mind, I cannot imagine why we would screw around inventing new
> IANA registries.  We didn't have them in 7489.  What's different now?

I believe the intent is to have a failure reporting type of "dmarc", which
RFC 6591 doesn't currently have in its list of known failure types.  This
is what I believe Alessandro proposed as a way to introduce that value.

I can't remember if this was discussed previously.  I was just responding
to the proposed change.

-MSK