On Thursday, August 18, 2022 9:34:47 AM EDT John R Levine wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2022, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> > I can't remember if this was discussed previously.  I was just responding
> > to the proposed change.
>
> Understood, but I am concerned that we are spinning our wheels on changes
> proposed by individuals that have no support from anyone else.  It would
> be nice if we could wrap up the work we've agreed to and ship our
> documents.

I agree.  The one thing I think would be useful would be to move more of the
text relating to failure reporting out of DMARCbis and into the failure
reporting draft.

I theory, I think mention of failure reporting in DMARCbis could (and probably
should) be reduced to a small section with a reference to the failure
reporting document.  It's very much a niche capability and I think the less
said about it in DMARCbis, the better.  Many consumers of DMARCbis document
will not care about it at all.

If there's any interest in this, I can propose specifics.  It looks to me like
it's virtually all cut/paste.

Scott K