It appears that Murray S. Kucherawy  <superu...@gmail.com> said:
>3) Since the goal is to wind down dependence on the PSL, I suggest that an
>implementation might choose to make the algorithm selectable, but I don't
>think the specification should.

If for some inexplicable reason you really want to keep using the PSL
you can keep using your current DMARC software. Not our problem.

Like everyone else, I see no reason to encruft our design with hacks intended
to address hypothetical problems that do not actually exist.

R's,
John

PS: On my list of things I may or may not get around to doing is a web
page where you can enter a domain name and it'll tell you whether
you'll get different results with old and new DMARC.