Colleagues,

Can someone please point me to a mailing list server or other indirect mail
flow that I might somehow engage with so that I can experience the pain of
not having a message reach its destination when sent with a policy of
p=reject?

I post to various IETF mailing lists from my work address, and my employer,
like Mr. Brotman's, publishes a DMARC record with p=reject. Thanks to the
work of the folks who manage the IETF mailing list software, my
participation in these discussions is not hindered in any way; I can post
to lists, people can reply directly to me if they choose, and I can reply
to the list and/or to the author of any post without any extra work on my
part.

This leaves me in a position where I do not appreciate how a DMARC policy
of p=reject can harm interoperability, or perhaps better stated, I do not
appreciate that it does harm interoperability. I understand that it can,
because SPF can fail when mail transits intermediaries and DKIM can fail if
the intermediary alters the content of the message. That said, I cannot
recall seeing a bounce attributable to a DMARC failure in the three years
that I've worked here (nor for the year or two prior when my previous
employer deployed p=reject) and so I want to be able to send a message that
would result in such a bounce.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

--

*Todd Herr * | Technical Director, Standards and Ecosystem
*e:* todd.h...@valimail.com

This email and all data transmitted with it contains confidential and/or
proprietary information intended solely for the use of individual(s)
authorized to receive it. If you are not an intended and authorized
recipient you are hereby notified of any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of the information included in this transmission is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Please immediately notify the sender by replying to
this email and then delete it from your system.