On Thu, Mar 30, 2023 at 11:01 AM Douglas Foster <
dougfoster.emailstanda...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Someone please explain to me why everyone should make themselves more
> vulnerable to ransomware and other attacks so that mailing lists can avoid
> being inconvenienced and avoid having secure operating practices.

I think we've had this discussion before.  This argument reduces to: "I do
not like what structured mailing lists, which have been around since the
'90s at least, do with messages, and I now insist that they change their
practices to meet what I perceive to be my requirements."

Compelling a very broad deployed base to change its practices in an
incompatible way is not a light undertaking.  For this to be sustainable,
we (the whole community) need to achieve consensus that it's the right way
for the entire ecosystem to move.

-MSK, participating