On Sat, Apr 8, 2023 at 2:13 AM Douglas Foster <
dougfoster.emailstanda...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It becomes a simple choice:   Lists can adapt to operate the way AOL and
> others want them to work, or they can keep to the old ways and live with
> the consequences.    When the old ways cause damage, I don't think the
> damage is any longer a DMARC problem.   We should formally document how to
> implement a DMARC-compatible mailing list, and then stop worrying about
> those who don't want to be DMARC-compatible.

In what way do "the old ways cause damage"?  What damage?  They didn't
change anything.  Abruptly, unilaterally, declaring the entire global
deployed mailing list base to be obsolete is a strikingly audacious move.

Still, if something like what you're proposing could gain acceptance and
commitment from the mailing list community, you just might have a consensus
solution on your hands.  I suggest approaching them to ask.  They may not
be able to accept it as-is, but could have a counter-proposal that we find
palatable.

-MSK, participating