On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 8:25 PM Neil Anuskiewicz <neil=
40marmot-tech....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:

> The standard and the document should reflect that it’s already making a
> massive difference and could do even more. I don’t think it’s unreasonable
> to expect ml managers to adapt. If cyber crime was street crime people
> would be panicking in the streets.

The IETF is a consensus-based organization.  I suggest that if we're going
to claim DMARC as-is has the consensus of the community, that community
needs to be representative of the interests of the MLM developers and
operators.  Since we keep talking about "them", I don't think it is.

Expecting them to adapt (or perhaps "comply" is the better word) merely
because we say so feels a lot like pushing on a string.

-MSK, participating